heatin' it up in kitchens all over the south

Friday, August 24, 2007

God and Me




To me faith is knowing that at the end of the day through all the chaos and trials I see that God is still there to ground me to keep me safe, to watch over me. I find peace in him and knowing that he cared enought to send his son to die for my sins and that after all the mistakes I've made and sins I've committed he still unconditionally loves me. That is what the tattoo on my back is. I know alot of people would say that getting it on your back is getting it where you can't see it, putting it out of sight out of mind i guess you could say. Yet I didn't want it to be damaged my faith is undamaged and so should the symbol I placed on my body to remind me of my faith and to show others the strength of my faith. I know it's there and I know why I drew it and why I have it. When I am standing infront of the mirror and can't stand what I see looking back I turn around and take a good look at my tatoo. It's not perfect and neither am I. However it symbolizes the cross that jesus died on the chaos that ensues this world and God's natural wonders, such as the lotus flower, which also symbolizes peace to me. It's located in the center of the cross because when you get to it at the center of all things at the origin of life there is God. He is my peace my stronghold, He knows me better than anyone. He knows what keeps me going and what I need. That is what faith is and that's between God and me.

7 comments:

Judy said...

So God's got your back huh? pretty neat story..very nice tat.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Beautiful story Jessica. I'm so glad that your faith is so strong. Remember God will never leave you or forsake you.

AmyWhit said...

Cool. You said you drew the tattoo? You're just a multi-talented lady, aren't you?! Nice story to go along with the pic.

jamie said...

Hey Jessica!! I don't know where I have been.....I just now saw your blogs!!! Sorry, welcome to blogging!!

I love your tattoo!!! It is awesome! I can't believe that you drew it!! and you cook??? WOW!! Maybe we could become friends!! LOL!! Great idea of faith!!

Anonymous said...

How very beautyful. and how very brave to get the tat done. Be strong in your faith, it will bear you through anything.

Heather said...

Wow...I love the design! Jeff is a tatoo fan as well- he has 3 so far. I think that if I got a tatoo it would have to be a symbol of my faith, too, because it's the only thing that will be constant and certain the rest of my life....

Shelia said...

Very nice subject Jessica. I'm tellin ya, those tats are addictive!